Accessibility Statement for Silver Palms Inn Website
Silver Palms Inn is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Silver Palms Inn takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Silver Palms Inn Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Subscribe to AQA, a WCAG 2.1 AA automated website scan tool to ensure technical compliance.
- Hire outside consultants to manually scan our site to uncover elements not discovered by the AQA tool as well as to provide additional recommendations for greater compliance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Silver Palms Inn Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Silver Palms Inn Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Silver Palms Inn Website:
- Phone: 305-294-8700
- Email: Info@Silverpalmsinn.com
- Address: 830 Truman Avenue, Key West, Florida 33040
We try to respond to feedback within 24 hours. Over weekends, vacations, and holidays, there may be a longer response time.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Silver Palms Inn Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox are all compatible browsers.
Accessibility of Silver Palms Inn Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Known limitations for Silver Palms Inn Website:
- image missing alt attribute
- order of headings is not correct
- an input with placeholder but without any associated label
- not enough contrast between text and its background
- elements without foreground specified
- skip links do not exist in the page
- missing title in the page
- empty link
- empty heading
- missing LANG attribute for HTML tag
- Page contains 1 unclosed element "noscript"
- Page contains 1 stray end tag "noscript"
- aria-describedby attribute refers to a missing element
- name of link can not be programmatically determined
Limitations and alternatives
Silver Palms Inn assessed the accessibility of Silver Palms Inn Website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation – the entire site was tested using UsableNet AQA, an enterprise-level accessibility reporting tool based on the technology provided by the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, created by WebAIM.org, a third-party authority in web accessibility. The site is tested periodically to ensure any added or edited content and code conforms with the latest accessibility guidelines, as reported by the WAVE tool.
- External evaluation – we hire outside consultants to manually scan our website using assistive technologies and provide additional recommendations that the AQA tool does not uncover.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by: Silver Palms Inn
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 1 business day and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to Silver Palms Inn, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
This statement was created on February 25, 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.